Are you exploring your smile-straightening options in Brookfield, WI, and can’t decide between braces and Invisalign? You’re not alone.
Both treatments come with their pros and cons, yet most patients tend to prefer the discretion and comfort that only Invisalign can provide.
But is it any good? Could it improve your tooth alignment faster than braces? Here’s the definitive answer!
Invisalign Timeline Overview
Here is what the average Invisalign process looks like:
- Initial consultation: First, you need to speak with a dentist near you to determine if Invisalign is right for you. Luckily, this is usually decided in just one appointment.
- Dental scan: Invisalign works by scanning your teeth and mapping the trajectory they need to follow to resolve your alignment issues. Once the scan is done at another appointment, it’s sent to an Invisalign lab to make your custom trays.
- Getting your first tray: It can take a few weeks for our first set to be ready. After that, you will need to upgrade to a new pair once every 1-2 weeks, depending on how well your teeth respond.
- Treatment: the exact timeline of your treatment depends on the type of alignment issues you have and how well you can comply with the Invisalign instructions. But most patients need 10–12 months to correct their smile.
Invisalign vs. Braces: Which Is Faster?
On average, Invisalign patients follow this treatment for around 12 months, while braces patients usually need anywhere between 12 and 24 months.
But the appliances themselves might not be the only reason. Invisalign trays can be faster because the dental scan offers enhanced precision when migrating teeth, which can mean lower treatment periods.
However, the types of cases treated also factor in here. Invisalign is often an appropriate treatment for patients with minor to moderate alignment issues, which have a lower treatment length by default.
Braces can be used to treat even the most severe cases of misalignment, which contributes to their longer average treatment timeline.
Can You Speed Up Invisalign Treatment?
Yes! Following your dentist’s instructions is the best way to avoid delays and ensure a speedy Invisalign treatment.
Here are some things you’ll need to do:
- Wear your trays for at least 22 hours a day.
- Always keep them in their case when not in use to prevent damaging them.
- Brush and floss your teeth, and clean your aligners every day.
- Never eat or drink anything with your aligners on (apart from plain water).
- Don’t skip your follow-up appointment.
Interested in Invisalign? We Can Help!
Are you unhappy with your tooth alignment or have an unhealthy bite? Dr. Nick Russo can help you find out if Invisalign in Brookfield is the right solution for you and help you get a healthy and stunning smile in the process.
Request a visit to Russo Dental online and stop by to discover your options.
For more information, call us at (262) 784-3740 today.